We work in two main areas:
Helping entrepreneurs, academics, hospitals, universities, and investors to put together commercially sustainable and financeable new ventures.
Helping NHS Trusts, Universities, Research Charities and Government put together the translational partnerships and structures required to facilitate translational medicine.
We are a boutique consulting business that will only take on projects that make use of our unique expertise, networks and other resources. We offer high-level insight and recommend specific, practical, solutions to your problems. We do not have a formulaic approach as may be used by more general consulting companies, as the projects we take on are highly unique and confidential.
Our projects tend to fall into 3 natural phases:
1. Analysis. We like to start all our projects with a piece of analysis work: thinking through the challenge you face from first principles, and defining the key questions you need to answer. We find that once a project has a logical framework, and clear deliverable, it tends to be more focussed, productive, valuable and cost effective.
2. Research. We answer your questions by extensive use of online, desk and telephone research; creative brainstorming and testing of our preliminary findings by our Consultants Associates and Advisory Board.
3. Implementation. Our team have strong implementation experience - we are often asked, and all too happy, to roll up our sleeves and help with implementation of our recommendations. It's one of the ways we stay fresh and focussed on your challenge.
Contact us to find out more about how we could help you.
Accelerating company development
- 4D Biomedical team carried out an initial portfolio review with 3i life science team
- Together we selected Apatech as a company with significant potential extra value
- 4D Biomedical team reviewed the business plan
- Advised 3i on means to accelerate product sales and reduce cash requirement
- Achieved significant reduction in investment funds required to achieve first product sales
- The accelerated sales plan identified by the 4D Biomedical team has been followed by the company which is now close to breakeven